Sunday, May 31, 2009

Now what?

We had a great weekend in Illinois celebrating Chad's grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary (more on that later -- including pictures).

Now, here I sit, at my parents' house on vacation for a week. I'm meeting an old high school friend for coffee at 2:00, taking my niece out on Tuesday, tagging along on some scouting out of potential reception sites on Thursday for Janice's upcoming wedding, and other than that I have nothing planned. It's both strange and glorious to have a completely open calendar.

When I wrote about this trip two months ago, I was just looking forward to some time off work. With the craziness over the merger and excitement over Chad's new job, I'm ready for this week even more!

As I was literally wandering around the house trying to figure out what to do after unpacking my suitcase, I realized I need to find a short-term hobby. Or at least a book!

So, here's the deal...to keep my faithful readers entertained, I'll make a special commitment to post every day this next week so you can get a sense of what I'm doing (or not doing). It will be proof that I'm being productive at least once each day. Past that, I make no promises.

2 comments:

Becca D. said...

oh...remind me tomorrow...I've got two books I know you would LOVE to read. Pretty easy reads too, so you'll have plenty of time to finish them!

Aunt R said...

You're on vacation - forget the "productive" stuff! BUT, it would be great if you shared any book recommendations with your vast readership. (See Becca's post) And let me add one: "Luncheon of the Boating Party" - a reality-based novel of Renoir's painting by the same name; and for those who love to cook "My Life in France" by Julia Child (did you know this woman was in the CIA???)