Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Weekend Update

So you don't have to endure another one of Chad's Cubs videos (though I wouldn't blame him for posting a clip of last night's game-winning Grand Slam...even I thought that was impressive), I wanted to send off a quick update of what we've been up to.

Over the weekend, we hosted our annual summer party, called Hootiepalooza (the name is random and I'll tell the story another time). The party always has a theme and this year we all went redneck to make up for last year's "preppy" party. People from West Virginia, Missouri, Florida and Georgia traveled to DC for Hootiepalooza, which started at 4 and ended around 1 a.m. Since 2004, when this party began, our group has expanded...sometimes literally: This year's party included four pregnant women and five kids (one of our friends at the party had her baby two days later!).

I'm still thinking about which pictures I should share with the world and which ones should stay protected by the 50 or so people who witnessed the hilarity.

So for now, I'll post three photos: our two men who took home award for the "best guy" ensemble (who both cut long hair just for this party -- and promptly shaved it on Sunday) and our "best couple": a photo of my good friend April and her husband Tom. She really is pregnant and they really don't normally look like this...

1 comment:

Margaret said...

This is hilarious. And I can surely see why April and Tom won. No contest! Maybe we'll be lucky some day and be able to join all of you.