Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sur-reality

A few months ago, I blogged about the merger that our association was going through with another group. It would likely have resulted in substantial job loss and restructuring. That, on top of the incessant uncertainty, was enough to make me crazy. It's been a painstaking two months trying to figure out logistics and everything else that goes along with a decision like this.

Yesterday, at 3:30, we were informed that it's not going to happen. You would have thought the entire office had just been told they won the lottery. People exploded with applause, jumped up and down, hugged each other, cried...It was actually pretty incredible. (I did none of those things, I just sat there, stunned.)

And the jubilation continued after work at our watering hole across the street and then dinner with some friends and co-workers. It was one of the most surreal days of my life (right up there with April 20, when this merger was announced in the first place). It's so incredible to work at a place where your co-workers feel like family.

When my alarm went off this morning, I woke up with another familiar pit at the bottom of my stomach. Then I realized, "Hey, self! Get to work! You've got a lot to do today!" And I'm excited about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See, it all worked out. As I said Trust God. He knew all along. I am so happy for all of you.
Love, Brenda