Thursday, November 19, 2009

Why I love the big boss...Reason #482

Our CEO, who I have written about before, is such an incredible woman. And thoughtful. Here's an email she sent to the entire staff earlier today:

As you can see below, I have been invited to the White House Holiday tour and allowed to bring a guest. I'd like one of you to go with me. So, we will have a raffle (no fee to enter) for those of you who are interested in seeing the White House decked out in its holiday finery. Please note the tour is for Monday, December 14 and you will have to be at the White House no later than 7:30 a.m. to be cleared through security. (It might be easier to meet here around 7-ish and go to the White House together.) If you're interested in attending, please give your name to Margaret [our receptionist]. We'll have the drawing tomorrow at 3 p.m. Thanks! Tracy

When I saw her email, I was immediately struck by the fact that she could bring anyone. Her husband. Someone really influential in town. A big retail CEO. But instead, she chose us! How cool is that?!? I'm going to be really sad when she retires next year.

I can't wait to find out who wins. (I hope it's me!)

2 comments:

DJ Robbie Robb said...

....I am so jealous.

Multiple Personalities said...

Too bad you were out of town last year when I invited you! But Rachel and I had a good time :-)