Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sugar Shock


Most of what I eat in my life goes in cycles. There are the things I have never liked (celery, cucumbers, beets), the stuff I have taught myself to like (tomatoes, coffee, beer), and then those things that I may like or dislike just depending on what mood I'm in.

Take today, for instance. I have a big jar of chocolate candy on my desk (I buy in bulk from Costco--it makes people come visit me all the way back here in the corner). For awhile I was obsessed with the Milk Duds. Then I gradually started favoring Baby Ruths. For some reason today I have had three little packs of peanut m&m's. How does this happen? I never even used to like them!

The poor mini Hershey's bars always come in dead last in my little office candy competition. When everything else is gone, I leave them in the jar for weeks at a time until people feel sorry for them and eat them. I know they secretly feel really depressed.

No comments: