Friday, February 29, 2008

Oh for the love of Leap Day

I read today that people like Leap Day because it "gives us a chance to catch up." That's a noble goal. Laughable, perhaps, but noble to think that by having one extra day of the year to do stuff we'll be in better shape. Kind of like ending up with a bonus two hours in a 24-hour day. But it's also Friday and we all know that what gets done on Friday is almost always the bare minimum.

If I were going to use today to catch up, here's what I would do.

1) Fold the clean load of laundry that has been sitting in our second bedroom for more than a week. I've been randomly picking out socks and underwear from it. Just as easy as getting it out of my dresser.

2) Finish painting the last six cabinets in the kitchen. I was so sick of it last weekend that I literally could not force myself to complete them. Maybe I will do that tonight. Then we're almost done! (Except we are still waiting on a replacement hose and nozzle for our new faucet--of course the easiest projects are always the biggest pains.)

3) Clean my office. It is just amazing how crap accumulates. Actually, that is a really good idea. Might be an excellent afternoon project.

No comments: