Saturday, April 19, 2008

Great day to be alive

One of my favorite songs is Travis Tritt's "Great Day to be Alive." It's all about appreciating the small moments. My favorite line is, "Why can't every day be just this good?" That's how I feel today.

It's a gorgeous morning, in the low 80s and the sun is shining. (In fact, it's almost warm. I might need to rethink my outfit for Chad's football game this afternoon.) The lifelong bachelor who lives next door is getting married today to a wonderful woman. Our friend Nick passed his physical test this morning to be a firefighter. We slept with the fan in the window last night and didn't set an alarm this morning. The funeral home across the street is having a "kids helping kids day" with clowns, cotton candy, and lots of games in the parking lot. Lucy has a bit of spunk back from getting spayed yesterday.

Sometimes it seems like all of the planets align and things just couldn't be better. I wish I could bottle up today and take it out on those rare days when nothing seems to be going right. There's certainly plenty of goodness today to spread it around.

No comments: