Tuesday, May 6, 2008

They kind of listened

Three years ago I spoke at a National Confectioners Association conference about consumer trends. One of the trends I talked about was the "retro" trend--Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony...shoot, even the Slo-Poke has made a comeback! But I did make one small request in case anyone was out there to hear it. I asked them to bring back the Tootsie Pop Drop, my favorite Halloween candy of all time.

They must have listened. Rachel found me a package of my very own Tootsie Pop Drops this weekend at a gas station on the way to our wine festival. Eureka!

I waited until today to open the package, barely able to contain my excitement. I am sad to say that they aren't as good as the original (though what is?). For starters, they aren't individually wrapped. I don't want to eat 24 pop drops at a time, people! And they are missing the best color of them all: pink, which I think was strawberry. But it is a step in the right direction.

Tootsie folks, if you're out there, you are very close to perfection. But, call me. There are still a few things that you don't have quite right.

No comments: