Monday, August 18, 2008

Travel tips from a road warrior

I hit the road about once a month, and here's what I've learned:

  • It's like visiting San Francisco: when flying, dress in layers. I always bring a pair of socks and a sweatshirt. Even if it's 100 degrees outside, I'll be cold on the flight.
  • Conditioner provided by the hotel doubles quite well as shave gel. Simply slather it on before shaving and don't worry about how to get that 5-oz. can of shaving cream through security.
  • Little hotel shampoo and conditioner containers work great for your own hair stuff (again, it will help with that 3-oz. rule). Likewise, little hotel soaps work great for when you have guests who shower at your house.
  • If you forget any chargers (for a cell phone, Blackberry, computer, etc.), the hotel concierge probably has one. What else do you think they do with all the stuff people accidentally leave behind?
  • Speaking of what people leave behind, if you leave behind something on an airplane, just consider it gone for good. I left my eyeglasses on a United flight last Tuesday (in the seatback pocket of 8A on flight 606) and I'm still getting the runaround!

No comments: