Sunday, August 10, 2008

What to do in Denver...

On the way to Denver this morning for a conference, I remembered that the last time I was here, we were on our mall tour in August 2001. It's been seven years!

I didn't remember the name of the mall--and I don't remember many other things about the city, except:
  • We got really lost one night on the way back from the mall and ended up driving around until almost 2 a.m. because we were too proud to ask for directions (this was before cell phones and GPS systems, ie: the dark ages)
  • I went on a run and realized after about five minutes that I can't breathe very well in this city...and then I gave up
  • Dinner out at a Moroccan restaurant one night, which was very cool but I accidentally ate all of a "whole" shrimp (bleck--feet and shell and all)
  • An afternoon trip up to Estes Park, which was beautiful. I would love to go back someday.

I get to the hotel and could not believe what it overlooks: the mall where we worked!

Tour buddies, does this look familiar? My, how this place has changed. For starters, the mall used to be in the middle of nowhere:

1 comment:

Linda said...

Was the Denver the city where all or most of our local labor help were arrested for stealing a car and then stealing gas to get to the mall?

Or was it the place where one of the labor guys was arrested for doing drugs at the work site...

Or was it the place where Holly kept saying something in Spanish that the guys told her to say and it was something completely wrong -- making the labor guys laugh. Hmmm.

Just remember to head away from the mountains!