Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Double the fun

I've mentioned before our group's theory about how everything's better with bacon, but this takes it to a whole new level.

Let me introduce you to KFC's Double Down, which tosses aside that thing we call bread for a "bun" of two pieces of fried chicken enveloping pieces of cheese, bacon, and the Colonel's special sauce. (Sorry, Dad, I know your stomach is growling but you can't get one of these puppies in Illinois yet -- just Omaha and Providence.)

My favorite is all the articles (like this one and this one) that talk about how bad this latest creation is for you. Wow...a sandwich made of fried chicken, cheese, and bacon isn't good for me? Gee, tell me something I didn't know.

The interesting part of the story for me is that our good friend Kevin, part of this original "everything's better with bacon" crew, works for Yum! Brands in Louisville, which owns KFC. I am wondering if this was his idea. If so, I want my cut -- or at least a coupon for a freebie when this comes to DC!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Kev probably wouldn't even eat this, since he hates cheese :( But I think this is a great idea! We'll work on that coupon for you!