Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sight-seeing

About a month ago, I mentioned to Chad that I had to head to San Diego for four days for a conference. Since it was going to be recess, which is really the only time he can travel, I thought he might want to join me.

We left on Friday after work and stayed Friday night in this really darling little boutique hotel (that I found on Hotwire for $90 a night, thank you) that just opened four weeks ago. It was right downtown San Diego and just a few blocks from Petco Park.


Then yesterday, we checked into our hotel where our conference will be held, spent the afternoon by the pool, and met up with a few co-workers before heading out to dinner. Our room overlooks the golf course (which Chad will be playing on this afternoon and on which the U.S. Open was held last year -- seriously, that was his deciding factor on coming on this trip) and in the distance you can see the ocean. It kind of melts into the sky in this picture, but it's there.

And then we went out to dinner, stopping by this place beforehand that overlooks the water. I didn't want to irritate all the people eating dinner by the glass windows too much, but I just had to take a photo of the breathtaking view. Honestly, I was impressed that these people seemed deep in conversation with each other; I'm pretty sure I would have spent the whole dinner looking out the window!

No comments: