Sunday, March 8, 2009

Walk til you drop

Chad left me with Lucy this weekend to go to a friend's bachelor party in Las Vegas. He picked a bad weekend to be gone: the weather here was beautiful! I've been a little productive over the last few days, but mostly the hours have involved sleep, exercise and being outdoors. I haven't turned on the TV once.

Yesterday, we drove out to Manassas Battlefield Park with a friend and went on a five-mile hike. (Ok, actually it was more like a walk in the woods but I feel like I can call it a hike. It's not like it was paved.) There weren't many people on the trails and it was fun to brush up on my Civil War history again. I would love to head back there in a few months when there are leaves on the trees.

In the afternoon, I took a nap, then we went to the dog park. After running a few errands last night, Janice and Nick stopped by...and brought me ice cream. Hooray!

This afternoon, we walked down to Shirlington--in a t-shirt and shorts!--and went to another dog park. Lucy played in the water with about a dozen other dogs and I enjoyed the feel of sunshine on my skin after all these months of walks while wearing five layers of clothing.

Now we're back and I think I finally wore Lucy out. All this exercise is good for her, but my calves will admit that it's good for me too!

No comments: