Monday, March 24, 2008

3:30 on a Friday

Hello?

Ms Davis, this is Wanda from Dr. Reichert's office. Your blood in the tube with the purple top got lost by the lab. We weren't able to get the results from them. So I'm going to send you a form in the mail and you can go get it taken again. [I'm sure this is no big deal. It's not like you work or anything.]

Well they took two vials of it. Can't they just use one vial for both tests? [Hello, I watch CSI. I know you only need like a drop.]

We need the one with the purple top.

Ok...well, how did the one test turn out that you were able to do?

Hmm...[papers shuffling]...it doesn't look like we were able to complete that test either. We need the tube with the purple top.

If I had guts I would have said:
I don't care what color the top of the tube is! And what kind of idiots work down in the lab that lose two vials of blood in three days? I've still got the mark from where you people stuck me on Monday!

So this week I am going to a different lab to get more blood drawn. And if they lose it, I might just take the blood myself and walk it up to the doctor's office.

No comments: