Wednesday, March 26, 2008

That's what I'm talkin about!

We became Netflix converts earlier this year, what with the writer's strike and my annoyance of paying $4.99 for each movie we rented at Blockbuster. (And I am never good at driving things back to the store but I am good at just popping them in the mail. Too easy!)


So far, I love it. I've been watching all of these movies I've always wanted to see but forgot about. I have a few friends on there who share their favorites with me so that I can learn about good new flicks. And Chad gets a movie every now and then of his very own which keeps him occupied when I have other things to do. Plus, it's pretty cheap! Only $18 a month. So enough of my sales pitch.


On Monday, Netflix's website was down and apparently they weren't able to ship anything out either, since Chad's movie he was supposed to receive did not come yesterday. Well, bummer, I thought. But those things happen.



This morning, I got an email apologizing for the disruption and the fact that our movie did not get sent out Monday as planned. And they said to make up for it that they were taking five percent off my next bill.



How refreshing! I would like to take this moment to say thank you to a company who actually made things right without me having to ask for it. Their gesture is only saving me about 85 cents, but it's the thought that counts!

No comments: